Director Of Software Development
Director of Systems Operations
Responsible for managing the corporate computing infrastructure covering 3 data centers and 6 offices. Coordinated a team of motivated professionals to support the company’s employees and the computing environment the use.
* After a corporate merger, led the integration of corporate systems into a single cohesive system with no outages.
* Built out a corporate PBX using open source Asterisk platform with typical enterprise features and an automatically generated set of systems documentation based on the configuration.
* Implemented open source systems to monitor the state of the network and systems to provide visibility and alerting.
* Created systems to handle inventory and archiving.
* Built automation around user management, systems deployment and configuration to take provisioning from days to under an hour.
* Implemented a fully-redundant split-horizon DNS system.
* Designed a centralized logging and authentication system.
Sr. Internet Consultant
* Designed and implemented the corporate computing environment.
* Administered hosted application servers
* Designed and built the Illinois E-PAY system for the Illinois State Treasurer’s Office which processes payments for municipalities, townships, library districts, and universities.
* Built integrations for E-PAY payments to post back to legacy systems for the participants.
* Led a team at Caterpillar creating an intranet web application in java to post and bid on open jobs and track all facets of the process.
* Designed websites for the Illinois Department of Central Management Servers (CMS).
* Created an interactive web application for CMS to showcase the potential problems associated with Y2K for display at the Illinois State Fair.
* As the Lead Developer at the Illinois Department of Corrections, created the Inmate Fund Accounting and Commissary Trading System (FACTS) that included Point-of-Sale functionality.
* Created programs to print barcodes and MICR encoded checks as part of FACTS.
* Built a tracking system on a personal display terminal for taking inventory and tracking inmates.
* Created the first website for the department of corrections. Designed and built a web application to interface with the mainframe-based Offender Tracking System to allow inmates to be queried from the internet.
Maintained the XENIX port of the company's software. Wrote C hooks into the XENIX COBOL runtime to provide additional functionality. Provided upper-level technical support (especially to XENIX customers). Developed the Medicare/Medicaid claims reporting subsystem. Created interfaces to third-party intermediaries for the processing of claims.
Director of Receivables / Information Systems
Established system administration policies and procedures for the corporate XENIX system. Provided technical support to staff. Deployed printers and terminals throughout the office.
Created a training program for the facility A/R clerks. Supervised the receivables staff in daily operations. Successfully assisted in reducing the receivables due by providing timely inforamtion about the state of collections.